28 May 2012

I've always been a fool for a conversation and a couple of smokes

Since I haven't been able to get this excellent song out of my head for days and days...here is Justin, pacing to-and-fro in a library singing 'Christchurch woman' :




And the same song with added instruments, an introduction about the song, and good-naturedly teasing his dad for actually fielding a phone call as he's talking to the crowd:




Which version do you prefer? Even though Steve Earle has a lovely cameo in the latter, I must say I am very pro 'gorgeously-bespectacled-talented-boys-singing-in-a-library' *swoons quietly in her chair* .


PS:   Bonus points for the very honest line "she may be pretty but someday I'll get sick of her shit"...ain't that the truth.


4 comments:

Johanna said...

Maria! tell me you've heard the new record (you have an excellent name-song on it)
where you you last year when he was touring and we hung out? x

Mia said...

I remember reading an article you wrote about interviewing him? yum! oh the new record is grrrreat...and those horns are wonderful. I especially like a couple of live intros to the song on youtube...I pity the poor foolish girl who dared to ask him who Maria was, eep! x

Johanna said...

oh ya! we went to the judgement bar too, and filled the jukebox with Australian classics and drank too much whiskey. good times. such a great record, swoon.

Mia said...

that totally sounds like my idea of an awesome time! good one lady x

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails