2 April 2011

happiness

...is curling up on the couch in a warm cardigan with a cup of tea and some toast on Saturday morn, watching Katharine Hepburn dazzle, confuse and amuse Jimmy Stewart and Cary Grant in The Philadephia Story.  Am dazzled by Cary's super slick and shiny hair, not confused for a moment over who I'd pick (here's looking at you, Jimmy) and amused for the umpteenth time with Hepburn's brilliant drunk/tipsy scenes (she's awfully good at them).


Makes me want to drink from delicate crystal champagne saucers in the garden, go for midnight swims and roll my vowels a little when I say words like 'maaaaaaarvelousss'.  


Not interested in yourself, Red, you're fascinated. 
You're far and away your favorite person in the world. 


Champagne's funny stuff. I'm used to whiskey. Whiskey is a slap on the back, 
and champagne's heavy mist before my eyes. 


You'll never be a first class human being or a first class woman until 
you've learned to have some regard for human frailty. 

No comments:

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails