14 March 2011

Honey, there's a spider in your bathroom the size of a Buick.


 "I could never write female characters when I started out. And when I met Diane Keaton, and got friendly with her, and lived with her for a few years, I became so enamoured of her, I just fell in love with her. I became so enamoured of her as a human being, so in awe of her, that I started to write for her. I wrote Annie Hall for her, and then after that I could almost only write for women characters.

They were cardboard figures before her, and I made no effort to change it, but after I met Keaton I could write women, and only write women, that was all that interested me."
                                 -woody allen 




Woody's got a new movie out...hurrah! Read this illuminating interview with him in the Guardian at the weekend, and go here to read an excellent essay on Annie Hall and neurotic love by Meaghan O'Connell.  Too many good things!

No comments:

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails