14 September 2010

JoJo

My mind is jumping around a lot today, right now it is feeling a tad melancholy. It is raining outside. I think I'm going to sit on my back verandah with my dogs, have a cup of tea and a cigarette and listen to the rain.






Here is Fedor Jeftichew or "JoJo the dog-faced man''. Something about freak shows makes me want to cry. 
The photos of the people; quite often there is a quiet resilience or something else I can't quite put my finger on. But I find them quite noble in a way...don't even get me started on the bearded ladies, my complete fascination.


I think it's interesting that he was Russian, travelled around America and died in Thessaloniki when it was still under Ottoman rule.
I think it's heartbreaking that he had to bark and growl so people thought he actually was half-dog half-man. 


I would have liked to have a conversation with him.

No comments:

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails