6 August 2010

Hell

I'm back from Hellas, who knows when I will return? It was...interesting. I had several epiphanies, as I always do when I'm in the motherland, so I'm glad for that at least.
Some beautiful views of the sunset through the window on my way home though. Funny, I was so glad and comforted to be sitting on the crowded tube again; London really is home. 

In my first week in the village I found myself on the beach one day, sitting in the sun and reading Bukowski. At first I thought I should have brough O'Hara with me, Bukowski is too dark for 38 degrees and searing heat...but it turns out me and ol' Buk shared the same mood, and I found a friend in his words. Still, couldn't get this one line from Frank O'Hara out of my head...

if there is a place further from me
I beg you do not go


1 comment:

Claire said...

lovely pic - and a lovely quote :)

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails