19 July 2010

my analyst warned me, but you were so beautiful I got another analyst....

Manhattan is one of my favourite Woody Allen films...I would pick this over Annie Hall any day; after all, it's got rats with bongos, brown water and the idea of committing interstellar perversion. Yes sir! 


it's people like this that turned me off of art years ago...now I just laugh at them.



again I know haughty people like this; the start of this scene is great too..."somewhere Nabokov is smiling"



this part gets me thinking...why is life worth living?  hmm...


I love when Tracy and Isaac are riding through Central Park and he says to her;

"You know what you are? You're God's answer to Job, y'know? You would have ended all argument between them. I mean, He would have pointed to you and said, y'know, "I do a lot of terrible things, but I can still make one of these." You know? And then Job would have said, "Eh. Yeah, well, you win."

gets me every time...he's not trying to be big, or romantic, he's actually almost full of glee, like he just can't help himself, he just realised it about her at that moment. Such a sweet scene with a beautiful background, it wouldn't have been the same if it were in colour, would it? 



more marvellous Manhattan quotes here

No comments:

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails