28 April 2010

return to Oz...

Well wouldn't you know? all that praying to the gods of Olympus saw me delivered home safe and sound on my flight which was originally cancelled. The look on mama's face when I stepped out of my bedroom...the look on everyone's faces really, tears! shouting! bear hugs! more tears! laughter! more hugs!  lordy lord how I love my big crazy family...I had forgotten how loud they were, but I'd have it no other way.

Sydney is still the same...part of me feels like I never left. It's sort of like slipping into a pair of jeans that you haven't worn in ages but still fit you so well. How odd, but I don't know what I was expecting. I do feel taller though...for some reason.

Chrysi is so right about the sky...it's so damn big...stretches on forever just above your head, the blue yonder. I had a little cat-nap in the sun on Monday afternoon; how I missed the sky, the sun, the light. The golden light hitting the red roof tiles of suburbia and only needing a cardigan (if that) to step out into the autumn evening. Sometimes it makes me choke up to see the play of light, I didn't realise how much of me was made of sunshine until I moved somewhere that had such muted light.

I'm so happy, but am dreading the day I have to leave...my heart sinks just thinking of it. 

Here is how I feel though,  because life is really just a big movie isn't it?





home...home! And this is my room, and you're all here...
and I'm not going to leave here ever ever again! Because I love you all!
Oh Auntie Em...there's no place like home!



x

No comments:

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails