3 April 2010

goodbye yellow brick road....


This song has been my unofficial anthem throughout these 2.5 years of being away from Australia. 
It is my homeland but my bittersweet gripe has been that I never felt a deep-rooted connection to the country that raised me ( I find myself envious of people who don't even have to think about it)...even though it houses almost every single person I have known and loved in the first quarter of my life.  
I feel an ambivalence towards it, like I do towards Hellas. I am grateful too, for all the shit and bliss that comes with it. 

I guess some of us just keep going, looking for that one place we can really call home. 
London is a hard one to compete with, we are in love don't you know?



"It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again

Maybe you'll get a replacement
There's plenty like me to be found..."



x

No comments:

you might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails